This is an easy and time saving recipe for weekday dinner. The dish goes well with roti, paratha or pulau or any Chinese rice/ noodles.
Chicken – 1/2 kg boneless leg piece
Onion – 2 medium size
Garlic – 10 cloves
Ginger – 1″ piece
Hung Curd – 2 table spoon
Pepper – 2 teaspoon
For white sauce preparation:
Flour – 2 tea spoon
Milk – 1 cup
White butter – 2 teaspoon
Oregano – 1 tea spoon
• Marinade the chicken in hung curd for half an hour.
• Heat the oil in a pan to fry chopped onion, add chicken after the onion turns translucent.
• Add ginger and garlic pastes, salt and pepper.
• Cook on a low flame with lid for 15-20 min.
• In a separate non-stick pan heat the white butter ( unsalted).
• Add flour on low flame and mix thoroughly. Before it starts turning brown add milk slowly and simultaneously mix properly so that no lumps are formed.
• Add chopped garlic ( 2 cloves), Oregano, pepper (a little), stir it continuously till it turns into thick white sauce. Sprinkle a little water if the sauce turns out too thick.
• Now pour the white sauce into the other pan in which you had cooked the chicken. Mix thoroughly and add salt according to taste.
• Cook for another 5-7 min.
• Pour into a flat bowl and garnish with grated cheese.